Question:
Do you have a favourite Thai restaurant in central london?
2006-04-29 14:39:45 UTC
What thai restaurants do you like in central london and why?
Twelve answers:
terryellislondon
2006-05-01 09:27:15 UTC
Try Thai Silk Restaurant in Waterloo Road, just by the exit to the Jubilee line underground service, next to the Sainsburys. This place is always packed and buzzy, both at lunch and dinner, if they are full there are a couple of pubs nearby where you can get a drink and they will call you on your mobile when your table is free.

Lots of young Oriental people eat here as well, always a good sign. They are about to open another one around the corner, behind Southwark Tube station that will have a Bar as well, make waiting for a table easier. Some of their special are really great and they have new Chef just in from Thailand to make the food even better.

Some great dishes are the Chicken wrapped in a Pandam Leaf, Either the Massuman or Red Duck Curry, and their Phad Thai Noodles hit all the right spots, nice and sweet and hot as well. They have some really interesting Salads that are crunchy and hot.
?
2016-03-27 08:41:50 UTC
If you want good Chinese food in Central London just head for Gerrard Street, you'll be spoiled for choice. My favourite Thai restaurant, the Blue Elephant, is in Fulham, but not exactly central.
pcasey_trad
2006-05-01 13:27:49 UTC
In Central London, Mango Tree, SW1

Brilliant service, excellent ambience and food.

A bit south and close to Fulham Broadway tube station, Blue Elephant is amazing. Try the buffet menu on weekends. Delicious!
2006-05-01 22:00:43 UTC
Thai Inn!
Sherlock
2006-04-30 08:09:08 UTC
I LOVE Crazybear in Whitfield St. Not cheap, but the food is astounding and wait until you have to go for a natural break - the restrooms are a work of art.

The website kinda says it all.

Enjoy.
pickupthepile27
2006-05-03 14:20:33 UTC
The Churchill Arms on Kensington Church street - amazing food, excellent value!
MM
2006-04-30 02:39:10 UTC
The Pride of Siam (Tel. 020 78333383) in Exmouth Market, Clerkenwell is very good.
srb_iow
2006-04-30 06:45:42 UTC
Busaba Eathai is the best cheap eats (and is very good quality). If you go you should have the Pan Dan Chicken.
London Lady
2006-04-29 15:03:36 UTC
My dad is a foodie and his favorite is The Bedlington Cafe in Chiswick - lots of choice of dishes.....
simmy2018
2006-04-30 04:29:02 UTC
oh my god......yes yes yes and it was the best food that i had ever tried in my life. A resturant in london called YUM YUMS, stoke newington high street.
2006-04-29 18:54:48 UTC
We have some pretty good cafes and stuff but I dont really have a favorite.
monty105
2006-04-30 02:54:37 UTC
any starbucks

i like tha atmoshpere